CogAT Testing for Grades 2 and 5 (Hybrid and Remote)
Second and Fifth grade students will take the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT). Please see below testing dates/times for both our hybrid and remote learners. Look for more specific testing information from your child’s classroom teacher.
- November 9, 10 and 11: Hybrid 2nd and Hybrid 5th Grade testing
- November 12 and 13: 9 – 11 am: Remote 2nd Grade Students (testing in person at Madison)
- November 16 and 17: 10 am – 12 pm: Remote 5th Grade Students (testing in person at Madison)
CogAT is a series of three tests (Verbal, Quantitative, and Non-Verbal). The CogAT provides information on the level of development of general and specific cognitive skills of students. The primary purpose of the CogAT is to provide a description of the student’s own cognitive resources for learning that educators can use to help the student achieve instructional objectives. This information will also be used to help with placement decisions.
There is no need to ask your child to study for this test. It is a measure of cognitive ability and thinking skills. The best way to support your child’s efforts is to encourage him/her to get a good night’s sleep prior to testing days and to eat a healthy breakfast the morning of a testing session.
D181 After School Math Support – Kindergarten, First, & Second Grades
If you are seeking some help with math for your child’s asynchronous work, there are after school virtual sessions where teachers are available to work with your child! Parents, please click on the link below with your own personal email address to sign up for an appointment slot. Elementary sessions are 15 minutes long. Please do not sign up for more than one time on a single day.
Directions for how to sign up for an appointment slot:
- Click HERE for an appointment
- Find an appointment time that works for your child and click on it.
- You do not need to enter a location but you can put something in the description box regarding what your child needs support on.
- Click “Save”
- You will receive an email with a meeting link for your child to join the appointment.
Additional Notes: The teacher you will be meeting with may not be your child’s math teacher.
If you no longer need the appointment, please send the teacher an email. This will allow another student to sign up for help!
D181 After School Math Support – Third, Fourth, & Fifth Grades
If you are seeking some help with math during your child’s asynchronous work, there are after school virtual sessions where teachers are available to work with your child! Please have your child make the appointment using their D181 student email login so that the meeting links show up on the student’s Google Calendar. Elementary sessions are 15 minutes long. Please do not sign up for more than one time on a single day.
Directions for how to sign up for an appointment slot – select the link for the grade level:
- 3rd & 4th: Click HERE for appointment
- 5th: Click HERE for appointment (Students make the appointment & join from Google Calendar)
- Find an appointment time that works for him/her and click on it.
- He/she does not need to enter a location but can put something in the description box regarding what they need support in.
- Click “Save”
- The teacher will add a Meet link to the calendar event.
- When it is time for your child’s appointment, he/she will join the meeting using the link on his/her calendar.
TIPS FOR STUDENTS:
- Sign up by the grade you are in – the teacher you will be meeting with may not be your math teacher
- Make sure you are signed in with your D181 student email account.
- A calendar of available time slots will appear. Your D181 calendar will show up as well. Choose the best time for you, and sign up!
- Prior to your scheduled meeting time, the teacher will add a Google Meet link to the calendar event.
- If you no longer need the appointment, please delete the event from your own calendar and send the teacher an email. (There is an option for that to happen automatically when you delete it!) This will allow another student to sign up for help!