Follow us on Twitter @madisond181
End of the Year Procedures
Please know that our teachers and administrative teams are planning for the rest of the school year while we are home. We will communicate procedures for closing out the school year – including celebrations, farewells and returning possessions – as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience!
Spirit Week – Take 2!
We had so much fun seeing your Spirit Week photos last time around, we thought it would be fun to kick off May the same way! Please join us in celebrating Spirit Week with the theme days below Monday, May 4 through Friday, May 8. If you participate, please snap a photo and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:30 p.m each day. We will send out a collage of all the photos by email each evening. Our local newspapers may want to share the photos too — if you do not want your photo featured in the news, please just let us know. Thank you!
- Monday, May 4: Superhero Day (honoring our first responders, grocery employees & delivery workers). Dress as your favorite superhero – real or imaginary!
- Tuesday, May 5: Crazy Hair Day (honoring our hairdressers and barbers we miss so much). Isn’t every day a crazy hair day? Have fun and go extra wild today!
- Wednesday, May 6: Neon/Tie-Dye Day (honoring positive vibes). Wear some tie-dye or neon colors to brighten up your day!
- Thursday, May 7: Sunglasses/Hat Day (honoring sunny days ahead). We’re looking forward to that summer weather! Don your favorite sunglasses or hat today.
- Friday, May 8: School Spirit Day (honoring all teachers, principals and all D181 staff). What better time to show our school spirit than Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week!
Course placement letters for the 2020-21 school year will be made available in Skyward for all students entering grades 3-8 in late May 2020. The letter will contain placement scores, math course enrollment, and bridge information. A separate email for Bridge registration will be sent to families after initial placement letters are available. The appeal process guidelines will be linked in the communication and posted on the D181 website.
- Summer Math Bridge: The D181 Summer Bridge Program offers identified students an opportunity to place into the advanced or accelerated trajectory. This year’s dates will be June 10 – July 1. The Bridge courses A and 1-5A/B will be held two hours per day and Bridge courses 6-8 will be held three hours per day. Each course will be taught via a virtual platform for the summer of 2020 because of the stay-at-home order. More details are available here.
- Math/ELA/ACE Placement and Appeal Revisions: The approved revisions for placement and appeals can now be found at the CCSD181 website. As an additional reminder, individual student data, including NWEA MAP data, can be found within Skyward under the menu option “Test Scores.” If you have further questions, feel free to reach out to your classroom teacher.